Well, everyone is officially out of newborn sized clothes and diapers! In fact, Harper’s size 0-3 month clothes are already getting a bit tight. I cannot believe that the babies have all more than tripled their birth weights by 15 weeks. Perhaps they will all be double-digit weights and on the growth charts soon. Since everyone outgrew their entire wardrobe in a matter of days, we started shifting things pretty much everywhere. George came home one day last week and asked, “Why are there clothes in limbo EVERYWHERE????” It took me the better part of last week to get everything sorted out. There are now boxes to donate, boxes to share, boxes to consign, and boxes to grow into. It’s here there and everywhere! Along with getting bigger, the babies are starting to meet some early developmental milestones. They are all pretty much neck and neck, but each one has a bit of a thing they are the best at. Rylin is our toy batter, Harper is thestuff grabber, Sydney is the thing tracker, and Mason is our smiley guy. They have been doing some of these things for a while, but started getting much better the past two weeks or so. Here are some of the cool things they can do now:
- smile in response to another person smiling or being tickled
- visually track objects
- show interest in toys, books, and objects like the fan
- grasp objects, including mom’s hair
- lift head with good neck control
- bat at toys
- look at a person talking to them and appear to listen
- kick legs, which is a lot of fun with rattles attached!
- notice when another is crying and join in the choir (this one is a problem during sleep times so we started using a sound machine and lullaby CD to help muffle the sounds)
- suck thumb when upset (this is mostly Sydney and sometimes Mason) I know thumb sucking isn’t necessarily considered a good thing, but for a quad to self-soothe it is great!
- And….the Holy Grail for multiples: We mastered the QUAD FEED thanks to tips from fellow quad mamas Amber, Becky, and Krista.