Oh yes, it is Thursday again and time to recall the little things!
1. On Friday, Nisey and Terri cared for the babies as usual. However, my mom’s friend, Lilian also joined the troops. I was proud to find out that Rylin developed “stranger danger”. Apparently she sized up Lilian and pouted to the point of tears. I know it sounds nuts to want your baby to cry in the presence of a visitor, but it means she’s met a developmental milestone where she differentiates familiar and unfamiliar caregivers. I was also pleased to learn that when she realized Nisey approved of Lilian, Rylin was okay with her too. To top it off, Lilian brought the babies a huge box of Luvs! It’s amazing how just as our diaper reserves were almost depleted, she restored them a bit.
2. Mom and I had a fabulous time shopping at our local Just Between Friends consignment sale. They are held in our area twice a year and offer everything from clothes to playground equipment. The girls are outfitted up to about size 2T thanks to hand-me-downs from generous friends. The boy’s closet, on the other hand, is a bit more sparse. Mom and I headed to the sale on half price day and scored a bounty of spring and summer clothes for a fraction of the original price. I also found a few books and toys as well as two pairs of Lucky Brand flats for myself (a benefit of having miniature feet is I can wear kid’s shoes!) The girls got a few swimsuits and sunhats. I was really grateful that Mom as with me because it was relatively chaotic and the line to check out involved an hour wait! On the upside, the line wound through the goods so we stumbled across a few bargains while waiting.
Just Between Friends is a nationwide franchise so check http://www.jbfsale.com to see if you have one in your area. I’m planning to consign some of our big-ticket items at the next one!
3. I took Mason to the doctor by himself on Monday and decided it was a worthy occasion for shoes. He’s never worn shoes before since he doesn’t walk, but they are pretty cute. He was enamored with is kicks. If you look carefully you’ll notice they are sharks.
I also want to point out the fabulous seat he is using; I only wish I discovered it sooner. It is a Summer Infant Super Seat. It is similar to a Bumbo allowing a baby to sit upright on the floor before they can sit independently. However, it also converts into a booster seat that can attach to a dining chair for small infants or toddlers up to 40 lbs! The best part for us is that the activity tray is removable so they stack for storage and travel. We now have four of these seats.
4. My Dad brought GiGi and GG Paw up for a visit on Saturday. Sydney demonstrated a bit of stranger danger with GiGi, but soon realized she was okay and settled down. The babies enjoyed showing off some of their new tricks and snuggled with GiGi a bit.
5. This week is spring break so I’ve enjoyed having George at home with me. We took advantage of our usual babysitters Wednesday (and will again on Friday) to go out on a date and run errands sans babies. We started or morning of by getting our haircut and styled by our Mane Man, Matt. We were both in dire need of a fresh style. Afterwards we enjoyed some sushi before darting around town with our to-do list.
What little things filled your week?