When I was working full time, three day weekends always threw me for a loop. I’d either think it was one day ahead or behind the actual day. Despite the fact that I no longer work on Mondays, the Memorial Day holiday confused me yet again. I keep questioning what day it is. Low and behold, it’s THURSDAY! Of course that means it’s time to link up with Rebecca at A Beautiful Ruckus for the Little Things Thursdays.
1. In honor of Memorial Day, we dressed the babies in patriotic duds. While we didn’t celebrate with a traditional BBQ or splash in the pool, we took a trek to Target together as a family. Keeping up with their reputation for outings, the babies behaved beautifully. This time, George took Mason and Rylin in a twin stroller while I wore Sydney in the Baby Bjorn and put Harper in a shopping cart. That baby toting plan worked perfectly because we got almost no inquisitions and only a few admiring smiles.
2. Since Mason outgrew his initial DOC Band, we got his new one this week. George was not quite as inspired as with the first band as far as decorating goes. While, I lack his artistic prowess, I absolutely could not have Mason sporting a plain white clinical looking band. I took matters into my own hands and purchased star stickers at Hobby Lobby with some red acrylic paint. On his first night of band wearing, we painted three coats of red onto the band and attempted to affix the stars on it. My brilliant plan was foiled as the stars resisted adhering to the band and only scarred the red paint. For several days George and I rejected the design ideas of the other until we agreed on a dragon. 2012 was the Chinese Zodiac’s year of the “special dragon” so his band is homage to that.
3. Amber B. and I met up for play date round #2, which was a success. This time, her babies acclimated much faster than before and napped pretty well to boot. Rylin was not to be outdone by the Bell girls and decided to show off her Banshee scream during nap time. She finally conked out for about 20-30 minutes, which helped her power through the evening. Amber and I figure that the third time will be a charm and all things will be absolutely perfect (we can dream, right?). She posted some really cute pictures on Texas Tales, including one of seven of the eight babies enjoying an Elmo performance.
4. After work yesterday evening, I was in a cantankerous mood for no apparent reason. I blatantly lashed out at George who was just trying to relish a bit of downtime. I wasn’t sure quite why I was irritable, but decided it was time for a glass of vino and some dark chocolate. In honor of Mother’s Day, our next door neighbor gifted me a bottle of wine from her personal winery. I decided it was an appropriate occasion for said bottle of wine. I enjoyed a glass with a few chocolate chips as I soaked my feet in a Mary Kay treatment while I skimmed a few magazines. Mood fixed! I really is the little things that can turn a day around. My demeanor was clear indication it was time to STOP and just relax for a moment.
5. I’ve been at this blogging gig for over a year now, but still have TONS to learn. I finally figured out how to do links properly. In the past, I would just copy and paste the link so it looked something like this: My friend, Becky writes Our Multiples Journey here: http://ourmultiplesjourney.blogspot.com/ Sure, you can access the link, but it looks rather unappealing and cumbersome. Instead of that, I may say something such as, my friend, Krista, maintains a blog called The Littlest Lesnaus. Instead of pasting, you can just click on the title of her blog and BAM, you’re there! Cool huh?
What brought a smile to your face this week?