A Passing Grade

Dr. Tabor was back this week for our weekly appointment for the 26 week mark. I was glad to see him because he teased about not returning from vacation despite my pleas that he return to deliver the quads. Prior to my appointment, I began a one hour glucose test. That meant I got to chug this delicious bright red dye #40 fruit punch flavored beverage within five minutes (can you sense the sarcasm here?) George told me to pretend it was a hurricane at Pat O’ Brien’s in New Orleans, which was cute. I tried my best to imagine this scarlet colored drink in a hurricane glass with a slice of pineapple and pink umbrella during a sing-a-long, but no avail. It wasn’t that bad, but it was no hurricane and I would prefer to never have another. The problem with the drink wasn’t so much the gross flavor, it was more the queasy fullness it caused afterwards….not pleasant. Plus, after finishing that thing I got to lay on my back for the ultrasound. I managed to keep it down, but it wasn’t easy!

I think all of the prayers have been working because we got a passing grade this week. I don’t think we got an “A”, but we are at least pulling a “C” if not a solid “B”. Of course, Sydney’s fluids are still lower than preferred, but they actually increased from 2.7 to 2.94. Dr. Tabor said she appeared visually smaller still, but it wasn’t “ominous”- that was good, I think. The pressure in her umbilical cord has remained stable as well, and she is still very active. They did another ultrasound to monitor fetal movements and reactivity. When it was her turn, Rylin decided it was time to take a snooze. When prodded by the ultrasound transducer she did give a few kicks and moved her arms, but pretty much slept the entire time. Harper followed suit and copied his sister, Rylin. The funny thing was that Sydney kept peeking into Harper’s ultrasound picture. We would see Harper’s profile as he slept then Sydney would poke her face into his territory and face forward as if saying, “Look at me! I’m here!”. Mason was better behaved this week, he moved about, but this time kept his hands and feet to himself. I guess he realized we didn’t want him beating up his siblings. My vitals were good, which means another week at home. Before we left Dr. Tabor said things were “great”. YEAH!!!

Before we could leave, we had to wait for my hour to be up for the glucose test. Since Dr. Tabor was on time this morning, that meant I had to wait for about half an hour to pass. UGH… After my blood draw, we were free to leave, but the nurse let me know that 1. no sugar for the rest of the day 2. upon getting home I should eat a high protein snack. When I thought about a high protein snack I immediately thought of peanut butter (YUM!), but realized that would be full of sugar. Ah, snap! Then I thought about a protein shake, which is also full of sugar. Darn! George ended up making me leftover chicken and mashed potatoes, but then what did I want? A popsicle! Seriously? Pretty much all day I wanted the very thing that was forbidden sugar in any form. Oh well.

Here’s to surpassing that next goal of 28 weeks!



26 weeks, 3 days

One thought on “A Passing Grade

  1. On my test with Hayley, I passed out and threw up, but still passes the test, wondered how you fail? Try unsweented peanut better! Love you and soooooooooo proud of you. You are awesome!!!!!!!!😘


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s