Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s been another whirlwind of a week, so much happening in such a little bit of time! This week we celebrated a few little things so we’re linking up with Rebecca at A Beautiful Ruckus again for The Little Things Thursdays.
1. Here is the artwork that’s been decorating our hallway this month.
2. The babies received their first Valentine’s Day cards from our friends Billie and Bob. They enjoyed
looking at eating them.
3. We introduced the babies to bubbles this week. They tried grabbing them and were dismayed when they vanished. Can you figure out which baby is missing from this picture?
4. For the first time ever, Sydney put her hands ON her bottle. She of course has not done it since this photo was taken, but hey she can do it.
5. Spoon feeding proved a bit treacherous for Rylin this week. We suspect she has a carrot allergy or sensitivity. We introduced carrots to the babies Sunday and Monday evening she had red splotches on her face. She hasn’t had carrots since Monday evening and the red splotches have since disappeared. She also started a habit of rubbing her bib on her face during feeds, which becomes rather messy. When I put her to bed Tuesday evening, I realized she still had butternut squash in her eyebrows! We tried tucking her bib into her chair, using a smaller bib or a larger big, and clipping it to the seat, all to no avail. I eventually bought her a silicone bib and we tuck it into her seat. It’s enough heavier that it stays put and her face is much cleaner!
6. Since Mason is the master of rolling over, he’s begun a few other tricks this week. He started pushing up on his hands and wiggling his feet, he practiced being Super Baby, reached out to the toys on the Exersaucer, and today discovered he can grab things with his feet! He’s been demonstrating how to roll over for his siblings, but they don’t seem to have any interest in that trick. If they don’t get busy, Mason will literally be crawling all over them!
7. I just love it when the babies “share” toys. It looks like Harper is thinking about pushing up on those arms…almost!
What little things did you do this week?