I had a good chuckle yesterday when George’s aunt asked me how the weekend was and I replied, “We had a good weekend, but um…I don’t remember what we did. It was a long time ago.” By the time Wednesday rolled around it took me a minute to even recall what we did just three days prior. I’m going to plea the Quad Mom card on that one. After a short pause, I was able to recall our weekend and it was in fact a good one. Over the past week, we had plenty of bright spots worth remembering so here are the little things!
1. Saturday evening George and I had a rare opportunity for a date night. Thanks to Nisey and Grandpa we were able to steal away a few hours to meet fellow quad parents, Mike and Amber Bell, for dinner. Amber and I became sort of pen pals shortly after I discovered we were expecting quads. At that time I ferociously Googled about quads and I stumbled upon her blog, Texas Tales. I immediately emailed her and was ecstatic when she replied back with words of encouragement and hope. She was about 7 weeks ahead of me and always helped me prepare for “what is to come”. In fact, she still does that! I love checking in with her “Quad Squad” to see what they are up to. Despite our online friendship, Amber and I had never met prior to this weekend. She was living in Houston, which is about five hours away. However, they recently relocated back to Dallas/Fort Worth, opening up a chance for a meet up. George and I had a wonderful time chatting with another couple who has the same normal as we do. Plus, Amber and Mike are so sweet and fun to hang out with. We have hopes of future dinners and quad play dates! Amber and I both fell down on the job and did not snap a single picture over dinner so we will just have to meet up again soon. To check out their story about the Quad Squad, visit http://bellsandkilts.blogspot.com/
2. Around the time I went on bed rest, our Peke-aPoo, Sasha became sort of lethargic. She turned out to be a fantastic bed rest buddy since she loved to snuggle and sleep the day away with me. When the babies trickled home, Sasha, retreated to our closet most days only coming out for short bursts of time. We chalked it up to her getting older and having trouble adjusting to her new siblings. Several weeks ago, Sasha’s allergies flared up and she got horrible skin irritations all over her body. At first our vet thought it was just her allergies again, but did a blood panel to check. She discovered Sasha had a tick disease (who knows why since we keep her on flea/ tick preventatives). Anyways, she’s been on a round of antibiotics for four weeks and a few days a go she turned a corner. OMG- Sasha is a new dog! Our seemingly cantankerous dog has become spry and friendly again. We love having our Sasha back!
3. The babies had their nine month check up this week and in good quad mama fashion, I recruited a reinforcement. This time, our family friend, Terri helped me schlep the babies to see Dr. Knapp. She’s helped me numerous times and knows the drill perfectly. Our appointment went flawlessly and we were done in about 45 minutes. That meant we had some time before the spoon feed. Spontaneously, I asked Terri if she were up for a Costco run. With a glimmer in her eyes she happily accepted the challenge. The babies were angelic in Costco and we replenished supplies in under 35 minutes.
4. The babies are becoming increasingly aware of each other and often “entertain” their siblings. It’s a blast to watch! After nearly six weeks, Rylin, Harper, and Sydney are suddenly aware of Mason’s band and reach out to pat it or give it a good luck rub. On the downside, Mason thinks it’s a thrill to gently ram others with his band….oh boy! Stay turned for more on our home becoming Fort Knox!
5. I know this is totally irritating by now, but don’t forget to vote again for the Top 25 Moms of Multiples Blog contest. I really wish it was a vote once sort of thing, but it’s not so that means we have to keep soliciting votes to stay on top. We hang around 2nd through 6th place. At least it’s easy, just two clicks every 24 hours.
What little things brightened your week? Can you remember back that far?